How to draw on Google Docs? We all have documents that need to be improved and perfected. They could be word docs or text documents, or even important paperwork. Using drawing and forms is essential to make them more readable and attractive.
So why not use Googles Docs to look after them? It’s free!
How to draw on Google Docs?
“This tutorial is a smart introduction to one of Googles most popular tools : Google Docs“. Designed especially for beginers, it will help you to master drawing with this magical tool.
Follow this easy steps course and learn the basics of these “must have” Google Docs.
But, what are prerequises?
Prerequisites for this lesson
- The only requirement is that students want to learn to get organised online. Specifically by using these great Google Tools : Google Docs.
- a little knowledge of Microsoft word would be an advantage.
What is a Google Docs?
The Google Docs is essentialy a drawing tool designed to help us to insert text boxes and shapes into our document.
In summury, Google’s office suite, available via GOOGLE DRIVE, includes GOOGLE DOCS, web-based word processing software, in addition to SHEETS, a spreadsheet, and SLIDES, presentation software.
This suite allows you to create and modify documents online and to permet you to work in a team, in real time. GOOGLE DOCS is available both as web apps and mobile apps for Android and iOS.
Can I use Google Docs for free?
Yes you can! Google Docs improve the quality of your documents with smart editing and styling tools to help you easily format text and paragraphs.
You can use hundreds of fonts, add links, images, and drawings. All for free.
How to Create, Insert and Edit Designs in GOOGLE DOCS?
How do you use Google Drawings to create, insert and edit drawings on your computer?
Create a drawing in Google Docs
So, How to use GOOGLE DOCS ?
With Google Docs, you can write, edit, and collaborate wherever you are. For Free.
- A Quick Walk Through The Google Docs Interface
Conenct to Google Docs Url: https://docs.google.com
- Logue with your Gmail account
You can see a familiar interface, more or lesse same as gmail one.
And we can note:
- The Logo and search bar on the top left
- Your gmail in the top right
In the left menu you can see your docs
- In right you can change or switch from List or Grid view
We can sorte documents bay last modified or last opened by for example…
Now, you will know how to create and edit a Google Doc! Let’s continue our lesson.
2. Creating and Editing Google Docs
Knowing how to open a word doc in Google Docs is definitely something you need to know.
If you use Microsoft Office you will be familliar with this interface !
- To create a new goolge doc :
- Locate and select the New button, then choose the type of file Google Docs you want to create.
You can rename your google Docs file : from Untitled document to How to draw on google docs for exampe
- At the top left, click on Insert.
- Click on Drawing and then New.
- You can at the moment insert shapes, lines or text using the editing tools.
3. Using the editing tools
You can use the editing tools to add lines, shapes, text boxes, and images.
How to draw a line?
- At the top of the page, find the Select Row option and click it.
- Choose the type of line you want.
- Place the line on your drawing.
- Corner connector
- Arc connector or Arrow:
- click on the desired line to start it, then drag the pointer in the frame.
- Arc or
- click to start,
- then click on each point where you want the line to curve or bend.
- Double-click or return to the starting point to complete the shape.
drawing: click to start, then drag the pointer in the frame.
Click on Select.
- Draw a shape
- At the top of the page, find the Shape option and click it.
- Choose the shape you want to use.
- Click and drag the pointer in the frame to draw the shape.
- Insert text
- At the top of the page, click Insert.
- To place directly in the text frame as a shape, click Word Art.
- To place the text in a specific frame or area, click Text Area and click where you want it.
- Enter your text and press Enter.
- You can select, resize, and format Word Art text or the text box, or apply styles to text, such as bold or italic.
- Select shapes and change formatting
- On your computer, open a drawing in Google Drive.
- At the top of the page, find the Select option and click it.
- In the frame, click
on the shape, line or text box that you want to modify :
- Move a shape: drag it into the frame.
- Resize a shape: drag the small blue squares located at the corners.
- Rotate a line: drag the small blue circles at the corners. It is possible to rotate the lines in this way.
- Rotate a shape: drag the small blue circle located outside the shape. Hold down the Shift key to directly rotate 15 °.
- Change the fill color, the color and thickness of the line or the border / line style: use the buttons located above the drawing frame.
- Place text in a shape: double-click to start entering text in a shape located in the drawing frame.
- Copy a shape
- To copy a shape, hold down the Option key (on Mac) or Ctrl (on Windows) and drag the copy to a new location.
- Change the size of your drawing
- Access the menu and click on File then Configuration of the page.
- Select a size from the drop-down menu.
- To define a size yourself, select Custom
How to Draw on Google Docs a cartoon character Mickey Mouse.
How to Draw Mickey Mouse head is a new and innovative way to learn the simple basics of drawing.
So, Follow step by step our drawing lessons and your art will evolve a great deal.
Step 1 : dessiner un cercle
Step 2 : dessiner deux petites ellipses un peut courbées pour les oreilles.
Step 3 : entourer le visage avec un masque
step 3 : dessiner un petit cercle pour le néf.
Step 4 : ajouter les yeux
Step 5 : dessiner la bouche
Step 6 : finaliser le dessin de mickey.